This post is devoted to the final presentation of my third project for Design Fictions class called “Plan and control your life. Be happy.”
Here you can find the final paper for this project: Final Paper Alina Onishchenko
If you are interested in the process, please review the following posts about this project:
- About problem scope and idea brief
- About the resources devoted to happiness and planning I used in the research
- About research findings and interim results
The final slide deck this project:
Initially, I set myself two goals for this project:
Set goals and plans for different time in the future
Record an audio letter for yourself in the future
Ask user to write down 3 good things about every day
Analyze current way of life and predict if it will lead to achieving the goals set
Provide useful information which may help in achieving goals
Record all important factors (personal mood, interaction with people, other circumstances) to remember good/bad experience
Analyze current emotional and environmental state to predict the chance of recurrence of bad/good experience and notify a person about it.
To demonstrate the product itself and how it would fit into our everyday life i made three artifacts:
- Advertising poster of the bracelet
- Diary of a girl who uses it
- Product page on Amazon.com and a customer review
Results of this project:
- 3 artifacts that made a sense that the product exists
- 3 different artifacts showed the bracelet and its impact on people’s lives from different sides:
- Poster: brand that attracts people, sense of resolve and power
- Diary: how usual people really use it, what they like and what problems they might have
- Amazon.com pages: increase the feeling that the technology is already here and show how it fits into our today’s life
Main idea I wanted to convey:
Technology develops and penetrates more and more in people’s lives.
However, we shouldn’t rely on it too much and forget how to deal with problems alone.
Technology should become your partner, not a substitution of your self-consciousness and self-control.